Thursday, December 4, 2008

Birthday Blessings Part 2


So as we drove away from Vandy I was just plain giddy. It was perfect. Our project had ended perfectly just as it had started. So my next desire was to head to the cemetery to place a little something at Anna's spot and to see the Christmas tree the funeral home had written to us about. You see one of the funeral directors at Williamson takes the time to put up a tree and hand make ornaments in honor of all who they have served during the calendar year. Then after the first each family comes to receive the ornament as a gift. I wanted to see Anna's ornament. The tree was breathtaking. It took you a moment to process that each ornament represented a loss for another family somewhere. It made me feel very small in my pain. No, I am not the only one grieving. Thank you dear God for the 2nd prayer You answered on this special day(the prayer was for God to allow me to stop focusing on the pain I was suffering). While standing there we noticed two snowflakes attached and they caught your eye immediately. Come to find out it was a mother & child. Both had perished due to complications in the pregnancy. I was shocked with the realization of what that husband/father must have gone through & was still going through. To walk through the valley in the shadow of death is an experience enough, but to loose them both must of be like a living hell here on earth. My heart wept for that dear man & he will continue to be in my daily prayers. I was moved by how Pam the director could tell us with such clarity about each person on each ornament. 4 months ago she had been our angel in making the worst arrangements imaginable and I realized that is what God made & designed her so perfectly for. I along with I know countless others thank you sweet Pam for your love & attention to detail. Amazing how the Father who has so much in His hands can ordain even the most minuet detail in our lives. How humbling a thought to think Him so wise and me so unworthy. Another moment of this special day ended with a sweet amazing blessing. Thank you again Heather for capturing this part of our day.
Jo

No comments: