Monday, September 29, 2008

Life Goes On, Even During A Storm


I had to write a little tonight. We had a wonderfully festive weekend with our Grace having on Saturday alone a soccer game, her 5th birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's and a Predators hockey game. Fun was had by all and Grace was just so excited about each part of her day-especially the one & only goal she scored for her team. It was also the anniversary date(27th) of our sweet Anna going to heaven. I would be lying if I did not say that I was sad driving home after the party because my mind kept thinking of how Anna would have loved every loud, chaotic & obnoxious moment. We miss her so!

Our dear friends here in TN walked the AHA Walk for the Heart on Saturday and I have attached a sweet photo taken during their walk. This is their youngest little one and who we believe would have been Anna's best friend. The girls birthdays would have been only a month apart. Thank you CK & family for honoring our Anna with your walk and sending us this beautiful picture. This picture not only honors our Anna and her memory but all the beauty of ML's smile. We love that smile!
A very thoughtful person from Tony's agency sent us a very beautiful card today and I want to quote part of his sentiment to us. I have been very melancholy today and it really touched me. This is from a book he had read recently:
"We are like trees subjected to the stormy elements of life. When a storm comes, we either snap or grow stronger. What makes the difference is not the ferocity of the storm but the depth of our character."
We continue to thank our Father above for giving us strong roots of character and for our Anna who helped make them even deeper. We thank each of our friends and family for holding us close and sheltering us in this storm. We love you all!
Jo

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am afraid I have no words of comfort because i cannot even imagine the pain you are feeling... all I can do in marvel in your faith and knowing that God wanted her home with Him and that she is shining with Him in all His glory and someday you will see your precious daughter again!!! Isn't God wonderful that way (and so much more)???!!!
Blessings to you and praying for you!
Dawn
AWAA waiting family